Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Occidental Tourist




So I bought this the other day:



The Middle East in Cambridge was an important spot for M and I.

When we first started seeing each other, I had told M I danced there. So M went to see me dance...

Of course he went on a Monday. Dancing was reserved for Wednesdays and Sundays.

Mondays apparently were for "angry lesbian poetry night".

M went, and sat through it... very uncomfortably... eventually he asked a waitress when was the dancing supposed to start. She told him the nights it was scheduled for.

M eventually made it on the right night (and left a family celebration in which to do) where he saw me dance for the first time.

The Middle East was HUGE in our relationship, and many of the people there became like family.

we went very frequently, even when I wasn't performing just to spend time "where everybody knew our name"

Soooo, I see the etsy add (etsy is an auction site for artists, everything on there is made by the sellers www.etsy.com) and see the poster for sale. I fall in love with the poster, think about how wonderful the colors are, it's original art, it makes me smile, and M will love it.

I buy it and go to let M know...

Yeah.

No one to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment